Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Macro photography

This photograph is a bit fuzzy I'm afraid. I couldn't get close enough to get a good shot. Had to use a telephoto lens and an extension tube. The problem of not having a good macro lens has now been solved. See below.....


I have just bought a macro lens to photograph insects and the inside of flowers etc. This is my first flower photograph using this lens instead of my previous set-up which was very dificult as I had to get vey close to the subject (in some cases the lens got dusted with pollen).
The crunch came when I was trying to photograph a flower spider without frightening it away. I just couldn't get close enough to get a good shot.

3 Comments:

Blogger Wayne Joseph Kington said...

That's a great shot Roy, the best Macro shot I have seen in a long time.

4:53 PM  
Blogger Printz said...

Thanks Wayne. I've just bought a set of flodlights like the ones you showed me so that I am not so dependent on the sun being in the right spot and the wind not blowing. Bit scary about the danger of UV radiation though!!! I knew it was a mistake to read the instructions.

12:21 AM  
Blogger Florence Forrest said...

I agree with Wayne. A great macro!

4:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home